Michèle Bourdeau does not have a formal education in Art or Sculpture. Her scientific background may help explain her fascination with the three-dimensional form and sculpture. She likes the texture of clay and enjoys feeling a form take shape under her fingers. She gets inspired from a variety of sources and tends to prefer stylized, abstracted figures and forms. Apart from representing the figure, the artist is much inspired by the wildness of nature and un-tameness of the ocean in creating abstract forms. Her sculpture pieces do not result from careful planning. She tries to experiment with something new each time. The artist lets the idea evolve as she works along and likes to leave the sculpture speak for itself.
- Special Recognition Light Space Time Gallery 10th Annual All Women 2021 3D
- Merit Award Grey Cube Gallery Faces Contest 2021
- Best in Show 3D Fusion Art Waterscape Art Exhibition 2020
- First Prize 3D Category Light Space Time Gallery 10th Anniversary Art Exhibition 2020 3D
- 2020 Top 10 Artist out of more than 2,000 entries Light Space Time Gallery 10h Anniversary Art Exhibit 2020
- Honorable Mention J. Mane Gallery 2020